World leader in aviation engineering and maintenance software, Commsoft, is pleased to announce that its industry-leading OASES system has been chosen by Farnborough Airport based Jetdeck Aviation (Jetdeck) to support its planned CAMO operations, with implementation commencing immediately. This is now the sixth contract signed for OASES in the first quarter of 2017, covering the engineering activities of eight aviation operations in eight different countries.
OASES, a ‘best-of-breed’ MRO IT system offers an industry-leading technical elegance whilst being immediately user-friendly. Jetdeck will be accessing the system through Commsoft’s private cloud hosting service, which eliminates the need to install extra hardware. Being structured in a modular format to allow for scalability, Jetdeck has chosen to implement the following modules, Core, Airworthiness and Planning.
Nick Godwin, Commsoft’s Managing Director, commented: “I am excited to welcome Jetdeck into the Commsoft OASES family as they pursue expanding business horizons. Jetdeck operates from the birthplace of British aviation surrounded by a global corporate aviation community, and it is further gratifying that this is Commsoft’s sixth contract to be signed this year. The ever-increasing global popularity of the OASES community is once again represented by the continued faith in the system with its business value benefits and intuitive usability.”
David Rowe, Jetdeck’s Director, commented: “Jetdeck are delighted to choose Commsoft OASES as it has the right size and depth for our business, both now and going forwards. Commsoft offered the ‘soft start up’ that Jetdeck required, showing the flexibility and willingness to work with us to make it possible for the project to go ahead. Another plus for Jetdeck was that the Commsoft Customer Support works in our time zone and is beneficial to our working day.”
Currently providing airlines and corporate jet operation clients with commercial, technical and operational services, Jetdeck will increase to the services it provides with the addition of CAMO. Originally founded in maritime activities in the 1980s, before transferring its allegiance to involvement in aviation in 2001, Hampshire based Jetdeck Aviation thrives on the quality, integrity and innovation it offers to its clients based on trust and mutual respect.
The OASES user community currently numbers over 120 organisations in no less than 50 different countries and includes CAMOs, national carriers, 3rd party maintainers, regional carriers, leasing companies, cargo specialists, charter operators and specialist rotable stockists across the USA, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Australasia.
Notes to Editors
Commsoft Press Office
Phone: +44 (0)1252 448196
Mobile: +44 (0)773 946 1061
- Founded in 1971, Commsoft (Communications Software (Airline Systems) Ltd) won its first airline contract in 1975. Today, the company is a world leader in aviation engineering and maintenance systems.
- Commsoft’s flagship product is OASES (Open Aviation Strategic Engineering System), which is currently serving over 120 aviation customers worldwide, ranging from national carriers and large third-party maintenance providers to small independent operators.
- Commsoft’s Head Office is in Tiptree, Essex. The company also has regional offices in Derby and Norwich and another close to Gatwick Airport, as well as an office in Australia and support partners in India, Romania and Singapore.
About Jetdeck Aviation
- In recent history, Jetdeck has been involved in assisting start-up airlines, Fastjet in Tanzania and Zimbabwe and Cobalt in Cyprus managing the entry into service of A320 family aircraft and ensuring all the relevant local requirements are complied with.
- Pre-purchase inspection, records reviews and valuations of all types of corporate aircraft providing detailed reports to banks, investors and private owners.
- Major check and modification oversight and negotiation, keeping costs within agreed limits and expectations with total transparency and daily progress and expenditure reports. Through a network of associates co-ordinate and source all components and spares required at competitive rates.
- Jetdeck have decided that the time is right to add another capability to our business and becoming a CAMO will allow us to offer a complete service to operators and leasing companies alike, we look forward to a long and successful relationship with OASES to assist us in taking this next step.
A PDF version of this news release is avaialble here